Tech News: As the corporation and others try to better meet employee demands in a post-pandemic working reality, Google is said to have approved 85 percent of employee requests to work remotely or relocate when its headquarters reopen.
Most companies have been seeking to accommodate a hybrid work culture since the beginnings of the COVID-19 outbreak, allowing individuals who choose to return to their offices to do so while others work from home. Over the last six months, 10,000 Google employees have requested to move to a new office or work from home. The approvals were issued out this week by the corporation.
Google agreed to accept about 8,500 of the 10,000 persons who requested a change by July 2nd, according to Business Insider. Google employees who made such demands were turned down.
By the end of 2020, Google parent Alphabet will have 135,301 full-time employees, according to Statista. These figures were previously given as Google employees until 2015. According to these numbers, only 7.4% of Google employees requested to work from a different location, and only 6.29 percent of all requests were authorised.
As per the survey, 55 percent of requests came from employees who wanted to transfer between offices, while the remaining 45 percent came from employees who wanted to work completely remotely. “For some of these, we need more information to make sure we can legally and administratively support each role in the preferred location. It’s possible that some may be declined if we’re unable to do so.”
Google and Facebook said last week that their US staff would be required to be completely vaccinated before returning to work. The policy’s execution will differ depending on local conditions and regulations, according to Google CEO Sundar Pichai in an email to workers. The new law will be adopted in the United States soon, with plans to expand to other regions in the coming months. The company also announced that its office reopening date would be pushed back from September 1st to October 18th.
Google warned in February that the new “hybrid working” style could have an impact on its productivity and profits. The corporation was worried that social distancing policies and hybrid work patterns would raise costs and have an influence on its “corporate culture.”