New Delhi: In a move towards digitization of India, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has changed the automotive regulations today. Motor Vehicle rules, No need to keep hard copies of DL, RC from today.
Under the new motor vehicle rule, you do not need to keep any documents i.e. driving license, RC, permit, PUC or other now. All you have to do is put a digital copy of these documents on your smartphone in M-Parivahan or digilocker app.
Not only this, now the police will not stop the vehicle on the road just to check the papers. That is, now the traffic police will not be able to harass the people unnecessarily, it will also save people’s time.
In fact, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has recently issued a notification regarding various amendments in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989, which will now better implement traffic rules through IT services and electronic monitoring.
Also Read : India successfully tested supersonic cruise missile BrahMos.
These are the new rules of motor vehicle-
- On validating these documents through the government portal, there will be no need to get vehicle license, registration certificate, insurance documents etc.
- Documents can be uploaded to Digi-Locker or M- Parivahan Transport. Both these apps are available in Play Store and App Store. Any person can register through his mobile number.
- Cancellation of driving license will also be digital.
- Records of license disqualification will be stored digitally.
- Drivers can only use mobile phones for route navigation while driving.
- E-Challans will be issued on the portal.