Wall of Thoughts: American scientists say’s that Children’s who practice Hand-Writing learn and remember more than those who use computer for typing.
This came to light when a team from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology of America, during research, in the study of activity of the brain, observed that the use of pen and paper increases the activity in the sensory-motor part of the brain. Which is helpful in learning languages and focusing.
During the research, scientists also found that the method of writing by hand is beneficial for adults as well. After writing a content, they will be able to remember it better.
Professor Adrey van der Meer and his team have been doing research on the benefits of handwriting for years, about which the research team has suggested to the US National Guidelines that some handwriting be done for children as well. They should be given handwriting lessons.
Actually, teaching handwriting to children is not mandatory in schools in 45 states of the US. Most of the children’s studies are done on computer.
These are some easy tips to improve handwriting, which can improve writing and make it beautiful.
Follow these tips-
- Practice writing with pencil or ink pen.
- Try to write your name by holding the pencil slightly above it.
- While writing, only the elbow and wrist move, not the shoulder.
- Practice writing with fingers on a pile of sand, rice or grains.
- Do not hold the pen or pencil tightly.
- Write on the lined paper only.
- Practice writing different letters.
- Practice writing with a calligraphy pen.
- Practice writing two pages daily.