Gadget Insights: If any Important number is deleted from your contacts, then you need not worry.
If you have not backed up contacts on Google Drive, then immediately save the contacts on your smartphone or SIM card and save it on Google. After this, if you lose your phone, or take a new phone, then contacts can be easily restored.
To store and restore contacts on Google, you need to follow these steps-
- Go to the Contact app of your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the menu shown in the top right and go to Settings.
-After this, you will get the option of Export.
- You can choose which account to back up contacts from.
- Then tap on Export to .VCF file and contacts will be backed up.
When you are setting up a Google account on a new smartphone, Google asks you if you want to back up the phone’s data on Google Drive, here you have to toggle on. Apart from this, you can also change it from the settings of your phone.
– Open the settings of your Android phone.
- After this, go to System and tap on Backup.
- Here is the toggle shown in front of Back up to Google Drive.
- First of all go to your phone’s settings.
- Then tap on Google.
- Here under Services you will see the option of Restore Contacts.
- If you have logged in to the phone from multiple accounts, the device will ask you which account to restore contacts from.
- After this, tap on the name of the old phone whose contacts you want to copy.
- From here you will get the option of SIM Card and Device storage.
Now tap on Restore and after some time the message will be written ‘Contacts restored’.
- The good thing is that the previously saved contacts in the phone will not be restored again, thus duplicate contacts will not be created.