New Delhi: Everyone has to pay their tax even if small or big, but the methods of filing are different, that is, some people file their own income tax and some people take help of other to file their income tax returns.
Let’s see how to fill the Income Tax Return (ITR) online. First of all, to file ITR, keep your PAN, Aadhaar, bank account number, investment details and its proof / certificate, Form 16, Form 26AS, etc. with you, because all these information will be used while filing the ITR.
To file ITR, you should know which category of taxpayer you are and which ITR form you have to fill.
For example, the ITR 1 ‘Sahaj’ form is for citizens whose total income is up to Rs.50 lakh. They get income from interests like salary, a house and other sources.
There are two ways to fill online ITR – First way: download the ITR, fill the form offline and upload the XML file.
Second way: Submission of all data directly by filling in the online e-filing portal.
Here we are going to tell you the other way of online e-filing, which can be filled in very easy and short time.
So first register yourself for ITR. After that, fill online ITR like this
- First you go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Log in by entering the user ID (PAN), password, date of birth and captcha code.
- Go to the ‘e-File’ tab and click on the Income Tax Return link.
- First of all choose which ITR form to fill. What is assessment year
- If filing in the original return, click on the ‘Original’ tab.
- If filing the revised returns, click on Revised Return.
- After that select Prepare and Submit Online then click Continue.
- After this, fill all the information given in the new page and keep saving, because if the session time is out then all the information filled will disappear.
- In this, you have to fill all the investment information, health and life insurance information.
- After filing all the information, at the end there will be a Verification page, which you can verify at the same time, otherwise you can verify within 120 days.
- Then click on Preview and submit and then submit to ITR.
After this, do not forget to verify the most important thing. Without electronic signature from electronic mode, i.e. taxpayer filing e-verification income tax return (ITR) has to verify it within 120 days of ITR uploading.
There are 4 methods for this –
- Through Aadhaar OTP
- Login to e-filing account through net banking
- Through Electronic Verification Code (EVC)
- Send the signed copy of both sides of ITR-V to Bangalore.
Remember, if you do not file ITR-V within 120 days, it can be declared as ‘not filed’.