New Delhi: According to the government notification, it is compulsory to link Aadhaar with ration card before September 30, to get food grains under the Public Distribution System (PDS). If failing to do this before September 30, then you will get your quota of food grains till September 30 only.
The Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Foodand Public Distribution had clearly instructed all states and union territories (UTs) that no genuine beneficiary or family should be denied from entitled quota of food grains. “Their names/ration cards should not be deleted/cancelled only on the ground of not possessing an Aadhaar number,” the ministry said.
Aadhaar and ration card can be linked via both online and offline mode. Here’s how:
For online Aadhaar and Ration Card Link :
- Go to the official Aadhaar linking web site
- Then click on on ‘Start Now’
- Enter your address details: district and state
- From the given options, choose benefit type as ‘ration card’
- Now, choose the scheme name; it is mentioned in the ration card
- Enter your ration card number, Aadhaar number, mobile number and e-mail address
- Now, enter a one-time password (OTP), which is sent to your mobile number
- You will get a notification informing the completion of the application process
- Following this, your application will be verified and on successful verification, your Aadhaar card will be linked to the ration card.
For offline Aadhaar and Ration Card Link :
- Visit nearest PDS or ration shop with photocopies of Aadhaar cards of all family members, a passport-sized photograph of the head of the family and ration card
- Submit a copy of your passbook if your bank account and Aadhaar are not linked.
- Submit all these documents at the PDS shop with a copy of your Aadhaar card.
- An SMS will be sent on your registered mobile number of successful submission of documents
- Another SMS will be sent after Aadhaar and ration card are successfully linked
After linking Aadhaar with your ration card, you will receive the entitled quota of food grains every month anywhere you stay as the government has started the implementation of the inter-state portability of ration card holders under ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ plan.