The Wall Post

Connecting you with Reality !

SPPU set to roll online classes from Aug 5 – Pune University

In the wake of the Coronavirus, The Savitribai Phule Pune University {SPPU}, on Wednesday, announced that it has designed online classes for the existing students that will commence from August 5.

Education News: In the wake of the Coronavirus, The Savitribai Phule Pune University {SPPU}, on Wednesday, announced that it has designed online classes for the existing students that will commence from August 5.

The online course amounts to 40 per cent of the entire syllabus, while the remaining 60 per cent will be taught once the colleges resume functioning physically.

SPPU set to roll online classes from Aug 5 - Pune University - The Wall Post
Savitribai Phule Pune University

Professors have been asked to give short audio-video clips, explaining a topic. They also need to email three – four points about the objective of the clip, expected learning level of the student after listening to the clip, and a possibility of graphics, said Vice chancellor Nitin Karmalkar.

“The clip is reviewed by our team, compressed, questions are inserted, sometimes graphics are inserted and then sent to the professor for a review following which it is uploaded. We are also building a bibliography so that we do not just give the link of suggested reading material but have downloaded the relevant topics for students to go through,” he said.

“At present, we are looking at 40% of the syllabus being taught online and 60% when the colleges reopen. A class of 100 students will be divided into four batches and each batch will come per week when the colleges reopen.

After their classroom lectures, each batch will get at least two weeks in home quarantine. During this time, they can access the online material,” Karmalkar added.