Stock Market News - Sensex & Nifty - The Wall Post - Domestic equity markets saw the bears assert control on Dalal Street today.
Stock Market News – Sensex & Nifty – The Wall Post
- Domestic equity markets saw the bears assert control on Dalal Street today.
- S&P BSE Sensex plunged 871 points to end at 49,180 points while the 50-stock NSE Nifty closed at 14,549.
- Index heavyweight Reliance Industries, along with banking stock were the main contributor to the massive fall registered by the headline indices.
- Only Asian Paints and Power grid corporation, of the 30 Sensex constituents closed with gains.
- Bank Nifty nose-dived 2.6% to end at 33,293. Nifty Pharma was the only sectoral index to close with gains. India VIX leapt 8% to close above 22 levels.