The fast of Karva Chauth is believed to strengthen the faith, dedication and love of husband and wife. This fast is celebrated every year on the Chaturthi date of the Krishna Paksha of Kartik month. Which is this time on 4th of November 2020.
In this fast, the married women ask for help from Karva Mata to regain their husband’s good health, longevity husband.
In this, Vrat is from morning to night, after seeing the moon at night time and complete the fast by drinking water from husband’s hands. Some special things have special significance in this celebration.
What are needed in the worship of Karva Chauth.
- First of all, it is very important to have a picture of Karva Mata for the worship of Karva-Chauth.
- Worship of Karva-Chauth without Karva has no meaning. Therefore, the karva has to be made from soil. Karva is worshiped as a symbol of the holy river.
- It is also necessary to have a sieve in worship in Karva Chauth. Women see’s their husband’s face with a sieve during the fast.
- No fast or worship is done without lamp. Lamp lighting has special significance in Karva Puja.
- Puja plate should contain fruits, flowers, items which indicate your marriage, water, lamps and sweets. Mata is worshiped with these things and after taking her blessings, she (wife) prays for the good life of her family.